Top Ten Ways
You Can Join The Movement
- Join a movement. Foster change. Be an activist for people with MS. Sign up now to become a member of the MS Action Network to help people with MS achieve rights through legislative and regulatory activitism.
- Volunteer. Make a difference. Volunteers are vital to the work of the National MS Society. We welcome volunteers with a wide range of talents and skills. Only one requirement: to want to do something about MS NOW.
- Make a call. Contact your local mayor or councilman. Share local issues. Ask for support of the National MS Society and issues important to those affected by multiple sclerosis living in their districts. Visit our Advocacy web page for current National MS Society priorities.
- Educate yourself. Learn about the disease. A wide range of education programs on the disease are planned throughout Louisiana. Find out how you can move forward in living with this disease.
- Take a step. Embrace the challenge. The MS Walk will be held in 2 locations throughout the chapter.
- Donate. Help cure the disease. Money donated to the chapter helps to provide services to people with MS, but also fund research to find the cause and cure of the disease.
- Reach out. Educate the general public. If you are a member of a civic organization or other group, the chapter is available to speak about the disease at meetings or to participate in health fairs.
- Tell your story. Face MS with attitude. Go to faceofms.org, an online community dedicated to building a global face of MS. Anyone impacted by MS can tell a story, share experiences and raise awareness.
- Take care of yourself. Seek a balance. Learn more about resources and programs for people who live with or care about someone with MS. Join a care partner self-help group.
- Volunteer. Advocate. Educate. Donate. MS stops people from moving. The National MS Society exists to make sure it doesn't. Join The Movement. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
More Top Ten Things...
So You Have MS...TopTen Things YOu Should Do
Top Ten Things You Can Do To Beat The Heat
Top Ten Ways to Manage Stress