The National Multiple Sclerosis Society (NMSS) is seeking an Office Manager for its Northern California Chapter located in San Francisco. This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the President and VP of Finance and overseeing office maintenance and organization.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is the oldest and largest nonprofit MS organization and the only voluntary health organization in the U.S. supporting international MS research. The Society supports more MS research and serves more people with MS than any other organization in the world. The Northern California chapter funds local programs and services for people with MS and their families, and supports the Society’s research mission to find a cure for this chronic and often disabling disease of the central nervous system. For more information about the National MS Society, please visit our website at http://www.nationalmssociety.org/
- Prepare and coordinate mailings and meeting information for all board and committee meetings; attend board meetings, take and transcribe meeting minutes. Review and prioritize President's mail and incoming telephone messages; provide support to President in managing appointments and travel.
- Responsible for office maintenance and appearance.
- Open and distribute incoming mail in compliance with company internal control requirements; track first class mail, and Business Reply Mail accounts with the post office.
- Responsible for purchasing all basic supplies for the office and specific supplies for programs and events as requested; track and maintain office supply inventory
- Responsible for assessment of needs for furniture and equipment, including recommendation and purchase/lease of appropriate furniture and equipment for all offices.
- Assist with writing job postings for the internet and post them
- Disseminate responding resumes to the appropriate manager
- Assist with other general HR task such as new hire and exit packets.
- Assist with data entry of invoices in accounting system; provide accounts payable reports for monthly closing.
- Process checks for signing, arrange for signing by board member and distribute after signed.
- Manage the use of the corporate credit card and reconcile the monthly billing statement.
- High School Diploma, minimum; some college preferred
- Previous experience in an administrative role within an office environment is required.
- Some experience in accounts payable and working with spreadsheets.
- Ability to use proprietary database and data entry systems.
- Basic knowledge of MS Windows operating systems and MS Office 2000.
- Ability to stay focused on deadlines while multi-tasking, flexibility in prioritizing duties.
- Flexibility in working hours; some night and weekend work required; some travel required.
- Sensitivity to issues related to multiple sclerosis and people with disabilities.
The organization offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes paid vacation, medical, dental, life and retirement plan.
Submit email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org - Please write NCAL Office Manager position in the subject line of your email.
EOE / M / F / D / V
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is an equal opportunity employer
and is committed to recruiting a broadly diverse pool of applicants for this position.