We are proud to be partnering with ShoeBox Recycling to offer our walkers the opportunity to raise funds for MS in an environmentally friendly way.
The program is simple. You collect gently used, re-wearable shoes. ShoeBox Recycling will pay us $.50 for each pound collected. We will put these funds toward your Walk MS fundraising efforts. ShoeBox Recycling also provides us with boxes to fill and also covers all shipping costs.
Every pair of shoes recycled will live happily on someone else's feet. In fact, one of the most exciting parts to this is the opportunity to meet your SoleMate or the future owner of your shoes by placing a note securely inside the shoes you plan to recycle. Together we are proving that "worn is not worn out" and that the world can be smaller, friendlier and greener with a pair of your gently used shoes.
Just a few simple steps and you are on your way to raising funds for MS while making a positive impact on the environment as well as someone’s life.
- Download the form and fax to 215-547-2787 or scan and email to Donna@Communityrecycling.biz. This form is required for anyone who is new to ShoeBox Recyling and is interested in using it at a fundraiser this year. Those who have participated in the past do not need to submit a new form.
ShoeBox Recycling will then send you 5 or more boxes to fill up with those reusable, re-wearable shoes that have been lying around your house and cluttering your closet
- Individual recyclers can use their own boxes, provided they send 10 or more pairs of shoes. ShoeBox Recycling will send you a shipping label once you notify us that your personal box is full
- The shoes you’re recycling are destined for reuse, so that means there are no holes in them, and they can live happily on someone else’s feet. For a full list of what is and is not acceptable, download the FAQ
- Your re-wearable shoes will go to people who need affordable options all over the globe. To track where your shoes end up and have an opportunity to find your “SoleMate” be sure to insert this note securely into your shoes
- Once your box or boxes are completely full (40 pounds full) reach out to our ShoeBox Recycling team, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will provide you with a shipping label and detailed instructions on how to send the boxes back
For more information on ShoeBox Recycling, please click here or visit ShoeBox Recycling's website.
Please only use the flyer provided for signing up to collect shoes. Happy recycling!