CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental Marathon – RAMMS
Event: CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental Marathon 2021
Team Name: Run a Myelin My Shoes (RAMMS)
Date: November 6, 2021 (In-person with virtual option)
Location: Indianapolis, IN
- In-person & virtual Marathon
- In-person & virtual Half Marathon
- In-person & virtual 5K
- Virtual RAMMS Teammate
Join Cheryl Hile, team captain and the first person living with MS to run a marathon on all seven continent – as she leads the Run A Myelin My Shoes (RAMMS) team as they represents the National MS Society at the 2021 CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental Marathon set to take place on November 6th. This will be the RAMMS fourth marathon event appearance representing the MS Society.
IMM Registration Information
The Indianapolis Monumental Marathon (IMM) is offering runners both in-person and virtual registration option for all three of their races – including the Marathon, Half Marathon & 5K. The IMM organization will donate $10 to the National MS Society for every person registered on our team, including virtual participants.
By officially registering through IMM, both in-person and virtual RAMMS runners will receive training resources, a supportive community filled with MS Warriors & MS Support Heroes, a RAMMS team shirt, an IMM shirt & finisher medal. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to Run A Myelin My Shoes by registering for your preferred race either in-person or virtually through the link below:
NOTE: Before registering for one of the events at Indianapolis, please review their COVID-19 cancellation policy.
Fundraising with the Run a Myelin My Shoes (RAMMS) Team
Team members are also encouraged, but not required to fundraise. 100% of the money raised will go towards life changing research and programs that support people affected by MS so they can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost and end MS forever.
If you are interested in giving your miles more meaning, here is how to set-up your personal fundraising page:
- Go to mssociety.donordrive.com/team/RAMMS
- Select "Join Our Team" then "Register"
- Log-in if you are a returning fundraiser or create an account
- Enter fundraising goal and personal profile information
- Confirm registration!
Once your registration is complete, you will be kicked your personal fundraising page which is fully equipped with email templates, instructions on how to fundraise with social media and more to help reach your fundraising goal!
Virtual RAMMS Teammate Registration information
If you are interested in running virtually with the RAMMS team, but don’t want to participate in the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon – become a Virtual RAMMS Teammate and choose your own distance or activity to take place on a day of your choosing! We are requesting a minimum $40 donation to the National MS Society from each person wishing to join our virtual team. 100% of your contribution will be a donation to the National MS Society. Additional fundraising is always encouraged. Virtual team members will also receive an official RAMMS team shirt.
- Click the white “Donate” button on the top right corner
- Scroll to the bottom and click on the red “Make a Team Donation” button OR if you want to create your own fundraising page under RAMMS:
Click “Join the Team” and create your own fundraiser, then donate $40 your page
In the past, virtual teammates have done the following activities:
- Organized a neighborhood 5K, 10K and even a marathon with family and friends as their running/walking partners and support crew
- Ran an entirely different local race on the same weekend as the featured event while wearing the RAMMS team shirt
- Ran on treadmills and indoor tracks
- Mapped out urban walking tours
- Hiked up mountains and along wooded trails
- Swam long and short distances in pools, lakes and oceans
- Participated in other ocean sports like prone paddle boarding, SUP, and kite surfing.
- Organized a duathlon and a sprint triathlon.
- Participated at interesting events like color runs, cross-fit contests and corn maze solving.
To learn more about Run A Myelin My Shoes, visit runamyelinmyshoes.org.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the team or to ask any questions.