For the health and safety of our communities, Bike MS: Chesapeake Challenge is going virtual this year. Because MS doesn't stop and neither will we. Your fundraising ensures we can meet the increasing needs of people affected by MS during this time of crisis and beyond. Thank you for your continued support – people with MS need us now more than ever.
Virtual Bike MS
Let's celebrate our incredible progress and momentum toward a cure, while we meet the increasing needs of our community during this unprecedented time. Watch some of our past celebrations!
Plus, visit the Event Updates page to see the exciting activities planned for your Virtual Bike MS weekend and how you can engage with us. You can also see any virtual events taking place before and after ride weekend.
Resources for Your Virtual Experience
- Virtual Bike MS Photo Booth Props – Print and utilize these selfie station props as part of your Virtual Bike MS experience. Commemorate the completion of your virtual miles by sharing a selfie with donors, team members and on social media. #VirtualBikeMS #BikeMS
- Completer Certificate – Celebrate Virtual Bike MS by printing your Completer Certification – you earned it. Personalize it with your name and ride name.
- Digital Downloads – Download graphics and images to help spread the word about Virtual Bike MS.
- Digital Bike MS Bib – Download, customize and print your digital Bike MS bib! Then, wear and share your bib with others through photos and social media while taking part in Virtual Bike MS.
Easy Things You Can Do to Help
Fundraise if You Can
Take advantage of your online Fundraising Center or start a Facebook Fundraiser to keep your fundraising going strong! Post photos or video messages of yourself training, sharing your personal connection to MS or other inspiration for supporting the cause. You can earn great prizes, and you’re making a difference where it matters most. See our growing list of fun virtual fundraising ideas.
Build Your Team
Challenge your friends and family to join you – virtually, of course! People with MS are counting on us to do whatever it takes.
Get on a Bike
Whether it’s a ride around the block or on your trainer, on the date of the ride (or whenever it’s convenient for you) put on your jersey and show us how you’re riding to end MS by using #VirtualBikeMS on social media to share photos and more.
Train with Charity Miles
- Download the app to your iPhone or Android
- Select the National MS Society as your charity
- And, log your training rides!
For every mile you move, you earn funds for the National MS Society through the Charity Miles corporate sponsorship pool.
Do a Letter-Writing Campaign
Share your story, your personal Bike MS goals, and why supporting the National MS Society is so important.
Reach out to someone you know who lives with MS. These times of uncertainty can isolate us from each other. By connecting we strengthen our movement.
If you are living with MS, learn more about the "I Ride with MS" program.
Ideas for Team Captains
Rally your Team
Host virtual meetups covering topics such as training, nutrition, or fundraising tips! Consider partnering with guest speakers from your favorite local bike shop, a local nutritionist and/or a top fundraiser on your team with a personal connection to MS.
Build your Team
There’s still plenty of time. Challenge your friends and family to join you—virtually, of course!
Create a Facebook Group
Give your team a place to encourage each other, share information and stay connected.
Join the Strava Club
Encourage your team members to join our official Bike MS Cyclists Strava Club and to share riding activities while connecting with cyclists from all over the country.
Join Facebook Group
Join our Bike MS Team Captain Facebook Group to connect with other like-minded individuals who lead Bike MS teams across the country, be sure to do so today!
Need help or have questions? Contact us.